Looking to Join a Winning Team?
Gala Rentals, North America’s #1 supplier of specialty linens and accessories, is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Gala Rentals is an international organization with offices throughout the United States and Canada. When we have an opening at one of our locations we’ll post it here. If you thrive in a fast paced, fun, and rewarding environment you may very well have found your match at Gala Rentals. The first step to joining the best in the event business is to apply to now!
Event Set-Up/Striker (Part-Time to Full-Time)
Gala Rentals, looks to bring on board talented, enthusiastic individuals that are looking to work with us in helping to bring to life our client’s wedding/event plans while gaining some industry experience. This position of Event Set-up/Strike (ESS) is part-time casual and offers you a great opportunity to see how a wedding day/event is carried out. The day can be anywhere from 4-12 hours long (and often late into the night) and pays $10.00 per hour. Some travel may occur, mileage will be paid by GL for anything outside of the Lansing area.
• Previous work experience in hospitality or wedding/event industries (i.e. catering coordinator, server, concierge, retail, etc.)
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable access to a vehicle.
• Availability on weekends, as well as some weekdays.
Duties that (ESS) is responsible for during the Wedding/Event day:
• Assisting with and overseeing the correct set-up of the ceremony/reception/event site(s).
• Assisting VIP’s throughout the course of the event.
• Overseeing and assisting with set-up and tear-down of wedding/event decor items (i.e. linens, charger plates, chair covers, backdrops, CHIAVARI CHAIRS, etc.)
Qualities we are looking for in a Event Set-Up/Striker:
• Ability to work independently, and a as team player. We believe we must lead by example.
• Ability to seamlessly and effectively prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
• High energy, guest oriented & friendly, good eye contact, poised posture, etc.
• Professional appearance; proper grooming, well dressed, etc.
Must provide a resume in order to be considered for this position. You may e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org